Community and Public Housing
Social housing is available as a safety net to vulnerable people who are assessed as having the greatest need. You must meet all of the eligibility criteria to receive social housing. Please visit this website to see the eligibility criteria for Queensland. Information for other for those outside of Queensland will be available from the relevant State or Territory Government.
Department of Housing and Public Works (QLD)
The Department of Housing and Public Works delivers a range of housing, building and procurement services.

They work to ensure that our most in need Queenslanders have access to housing and homelessness assistance. This assistance is provided through government-owned and managed social housing, and grant funding to registered providers. They also help thousands of low income earners to enter and remain in the private rental market.

Another key focus for the department is to provide policy, advice and delivery of services to government agencies in the areas of construction, asset and facilities management, procurement and fleet management.

Information for citizens (including various support for renters), industry and government is available from this website.

Emergency Housing
The organisations listed below can provide information about emergency accommodation if you are homeless, escaping violence or need a meal, shower and/or clothing.


Contact Us:

PO Box 368, 66 Callide St

(07) 4992 1040