Work with us!
Central Queensland Rural Health is devoted to excellence and sustainability in rural health. We are a not-for-profit organisation committed to improving health outcomes. This brings a high degree of job satisfaction and the ability to make a difference. We offer flexible work hours with a high degree of professional autonomy. Our organisation is very family friendly and understanding of family commitments.
Community Midwife: Lactation Consultant (Moranbah)
This position is with the Central Queensland Rural Health Allied Health Services Program and is funded by the Northern Queensland Primary Health Network (NQPHN). This position will provide an enthusiastic Community Midwife/Lactation Consultant with the opportunity to establish a unique role across communities within the Whitsunday Region (Bowen, Proserpine, Collinsville and Cannonvale).
The role of the position is:
- To establish plan, develop, co-ordinate and provide Community Midwifery and Lactation support services within a variety of settings. The clinics will be provided in partnership with General Practice.
- Help connect women with other organisational services required during and after pregnancy.
- To adopt a primary health care approach to obstetric services.
- To provide increased availability and awareness of antenatal and postnatal health promotion education including topics such as nutrition, smoking, drug and alcohol cessation, exercise, immunisation and breastfeeding.
- To provide lactation support services and increase availability and awareness of lactation support services.
- To provide services as defined within the program/s or relevant CQRH contract/s and maintaining an up-to-date work plan, which reflects the program / contract requirements
Requirements for the Role:
- Current registration with AHPRA with Midwifery endorsement;
- First Aid/CPR Certificate;
- Possession of a current Queensland Drivers Licence.
These skills are essential to the position but it is not necessarily that you currently possess them. However, you must be prepared to acquire them with assistance once in position.
- Hold an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) qualification, or be prepared to work towards this.
- Knowledge of current immunisation schedules, Diabetes management, asthma management, enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques, equipment & drugs;
- Knowledge of the Enhanced Primary Care items;
- Accredited Women’s Health Certificate;
- Diabetes Education Certificate;
- Asthma Education/Spirometry qualification/education.
For additional information or to obtain a copy of full position description, please contact us on 07 4992 1040 or email email@example.com.
Central Queensland Rural Health has met the requirements of the ISO 2001:2015 Quality Management Systems Standards.
PO Box 368, 66 Callide St
BILOELA QLD 4715
(07) 4992 1040